- face2face Reference Number #10946
- Contract to 30 June 2020, possible extension
- Full Time Hours – Labour Hire Contract
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Min 5 years) Essential
- Based in Hobart,
- $51.50 per hour plus super
The Member and Senator Communications Officer (MASCO) will be responsible for providing a direct point of contact for Commonwealth and State/Territory local members, and their offices. You will be responsible for building the capacity of internal stakeholders with the provision of information regarding the organisation.
- Contribute to the maintenance of professional relationships with other teams
- Support Officers in the collection and preparation of information on the purpose, scope and progress of the organisation
- Prepare timely responses to local members’ enquiries, regarding specific constituents concerns and issues
- Record details of complaints, enquiries, and engagement with local members and their staff
- Assist with the escalation of complaints from constituents in accordance with complaint handling processes
- Coordinate input into briefings for the Minister, Assistant Minister and Executive
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- Experience working with parliamentarians or ability to draw parallels with experience in similar roles
- Experience preparing government briefs preferred
- Experience in community event planning
- Proven experience in communications and engagement
If this sounds like the role for you and you would like to know more, contact Bec now!
Applications close COB 10/07/2019, unless maximum reached prior to this time.