An experienced Infrastructure Engineer is being sought after by our Federal Government client to manage and maintain the Department’s Data Centres.
Duties will include and not be limited to:
- Designing, building, maintaining and documenting all aspects of the Department’s Data Centre infrastructure across multiple data centres, server and patch rooms;
- Leading and/or assisting with planning and execution of migration activities for both physical and virtual environments;
- Developing solution designs and following up with direct involvement in the solutions implementation;
- Implementing solutions in line with industry, vendor and Department best practice/standards;
- Providing specialist advice for projects and BAU teams to ensure “best practice” implementations;
- Working with Project Managers to define and schedule deliverables;
- Escalating issues where appropriate; and
- Regularly liaising with project stakeholders and ICT stakeholders as necessary.
Applicants must must hold a current Australian Government Security Clearance (Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance as a minimum).
- Formal ICT qualifications from a recognised institution or demonstrated skills and experience;
- Minimum of 4 years of cabling experience in Data Centre deployments;
- Demonstrated experience in data centre design and migration;
- Strong solution design and hands-on deployment within the data centre environment.
- Networking experience;
- Operating System administration experience.
If you would like to know more about this role, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Sean at face2face Recruitment on 02 6199 5750 / firstname.lastname@example.org