- face2face Recruitment reference # 11758
- 12 month contract
- Canberra based
- Australian Citizenship
About the Role:
Our Federal Government client is seeking a Front end developer to work in a team developing an open source digital platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Augment the Australian Government Design System by building additional quality design system components to support improved experience
- Work with users in an agile development environment to understand requirements, elicit feedback and refine the solution through product showcases.
- Provide technical input into the viability, estimation of effort and delivery of user stories.
- Develop and use system testing and validation procedures (unit tests, integration tests etc.) which support continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and DevOps processes.
- Strong proficiency with Java development stacks, particularly using the Spring Boot framework and microservice architecture
- All round experience in frontend and backend development, with a deep understanding in one or more of the following: security, accessibility, backend integration
- Keen interest in using modern technology to build APIs an advantage
- Experience at the team, portfolio or programme level
- Experience working in and contributing to open source projects and culture an enormous plus (contributions beyond code are highly valued)
- Knowledge of the Digital Service Standard, and familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS
Australian Citizens are considered due to the nature of the role.