- face2face Recruitment reference #11893
- Contract 2×6 month plus possible extension
- Australian Citizens with a Baseline clearance
About the Role:
Our federal government client is searching for a Data Scientist to develop analytical solutions to deliver transformative technical projects which provide significant business value to the client.
The successful Data Scientist require an in-depth understanding of data-science concepts and issues with a working knowledge and experience with unstructured data (images and text). They will take the lead in solving complex data-science problems and issues, and guide and mentor others with these requirements.
The Data Scientist will provide advice to the organisation on data science issues including the following knowledge areas
- Applies knowledge in unstructured data processing such as Parsing, OCR, Indexing, NER etc. And knowledge in linking unstructured data with structured data (from xml, tables etc.).
- Applies knowledge in UI design and development, such as R Shiny, Superset, and CSS.
- Applies computer programming skills with a diverse range of languages such as R, Python, Scala, Java, et cetera.
- Applies technical knowledge and experience in various data science areas such as data mining, text mining, image processing, data visualisation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistical modelling and behavioural analytics.
- Applies experience in data and system engineering, including data pipeline and end-to-end system engineering, to train and productionise analytical models.
- Applies experience in working in Linux environment, Hadoop platform/Clusters.
- Applies technical expertise to support our Big Data Analytics capability, such as the Hadoop Ecosystem.
Critically the Data Scientist must have:
Practical Experience –demonstrable practical experience using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques, and delivery of analytical solutions to business clients
Language; A proficient and well-defined knowledge of SQL, R, Python and Java. Professional commitment and skills of maintaining code quality.
Data; An ability to work with datasets of all types and formats specifically images and unstructured text. An understanding of data scales and sizes and related techniques, risks and impacts.
Tools; Experience with Hadoop/Spark, Solr, Tika, Tesseract, Hive, Impala, TensorFlow, D3JS, R Shiny Presentation;
- An ability to produce business-ready output with key action items
- An awareness of deployment using Git and a CI pipeline
- An understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) processes
Australian Citizens with a Baseline clearance due to the nature of the role.