- face2face Recruitment reference #11590
- This is initially a 12 month contract with possible 2×6 month extensions
- Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain a Baseline clearance
About the Role:
Our Federal Government client is seeking to recruit a Data Management Officer
Our client aims to use data, information and insights to deliver value for our clients and inform decision-making across everything we do. The Data Management branch supports business areas of the client in the sourcing, ingestion, management, integration, use and sharing of data.
The successful Data Management Officer will be responsible for:
- Assessing end-to-end business strategy and rationale involving proposed new data acquisitions
- Supporting business areas to understand and meet their legal and governance requirements relating to special purpose data acquisitions
- Working with business areas and third parties to understand available data and its alignment to business needs
- Supporting pilot activities to enable ATO business areas to determine whether data acquisitions should proceed
- Engage with data analysts to understand data quality and improvement opportunities and support the data to be put to use to meet the desired business outcomes.
The ideal Data Management Officer will be able to:
- Builds highly productive working relationships, negotiating and influencing business partners across both technical and business areas on complex issues to achieve outcomes
- Has knowledge and experience in managing and governing large, sensitive, high value data assets
- Works independently to prioritise and manage tasks to meet conflicting deadlines in an environment of continuous change
- Is an established leader who can build and share knowledge, developing wider organisational capabilities in leading data management practises
- Preferably has experience in data acquisition, data governance and data ethics.
Australian Citizens with a Baseline or the ability to gain one, due to the nature of the role.