- face2face Reference Number #12616
- Full Time Hours – Labour Hire Contract
- Based in Acton
- Contract until December 2020
- $52.00 – $60.00 per hour ex super
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or candidates with good cultural awareness are encouraged to apply
The APS6 Senior Collections Officer will be a a part of the team which undertakes the cataloguing, end-processing, housing and associated tasks for the collection
- Provide expert advice and interpretation in field of library technical services.
- Manage administrative duties, including the representation of the team at meetings
- Supervise and train staff as required and identify and act on development needs.
- Undertake research into relevant areas and provide high-level documentation and reports related to the published and manuscript collection
- Holds a professional qualification in librarianship and/or information studies recognized by the Australian Library and Information Association
- Has the proven ability to demonstrate an understanding of Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property Rights and the interests of Indigenous peoples when cataloguing material with cultural heritage.
- Has experience in performing high-level original and copy cataloguing and the associated authority work for materials across a broad range of formats in compliance with RDA, MARC, LCSH, DCMI standards
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or candidates with cultural awareness are encouraged to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, and you would like to know more, click Apply for Job!
Applications Close 28/05/20, unless maximum reached prior to this time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.